Re: [squid-users] MS outlook through SQUID 2.5

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:15:38 +1300

shijjawi@wddjv.com wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> But, did you mean the Internet explorer proxy settings?
>
> Aren't there any roles for the iptables tool?

Are you thinking of a transparent/intercepting proxy?

e-mail uses a different protocol than www. The email client (outlook)
has to be told to format its requests as HTTP for the proxy. Thats
through the IE settings.
Otherwise its likely to try to use POP3 or IMAP native protocol formats
which squid does not understand.

Same goes for any email reader.

Amos