[squid-users] Time out issues when receiving queries from a database..

From: André Jee <ajee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:42:52 +0100

Dear all,

I'm having timeout issues when using a webiste's "search function". I'm
sending a query and I'm expecting
an answer in return. Query's that takes less than 60 seconds seems to be
fine, but I don't get an answer if the
query takes more than 60 seconds to perform. IE/FF does not show an
error message, it pretends that
it's working and it works fine if squid and dansguardian are bypassed.

I've gone trough the timeout section in squid.conf and changed vaules
that was close to 1 minute.
However, that did not seem to work. I've also tried the 'always_direct'
function as I read in the faq.
Obviously I'm not doing it right could someone please give me some hints.

OS: Debian Etch 4.0
Kernel: 2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch4
Squid: 2.6.5-6
Dansguardian: 2.8.0.6

By the way, I did restart squid and dansguardian after changes was made
to the squid.conf.

Tack/Thanks

AJ