Re: [squid-users] Rapidshare for multi-users

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:02:08 +1300

Emiliano Vazquez wrote:
>> Hey Emiliano,
>>
>> I have not had much to do with rapidshare, but IFF you can pin down the
>> servers and requests from a given source. You should be able to setup
>> your
>> squid to have a rapidshare server as one of the cache_peer pre-configured
>> with login details and ACL to forward all rapidshare requests through it.
>>
>> Amos
>
> Amos, many thanks.
>
> Can you explain this a litle bit??

As said, I know so little about rapidshare it may not work. But,
assuming server1.rapidshare.com can provide all the rapidshare content
to you from the.

adding:

cache_peer serverX.rapidshare.com parent 80 0 no-query no-digest
no-netdb-exchange originserver login=USER:PASSWRD
acl rapidShares dstdomain .rapidshare.com
cache_peer_access serverX.rapidshare.com deny !rapidShares
never_direct allow rapidShares

- should redirect all requests for anything at *.rapidshare.com to
serverX.rapidshare.com and add the USER and PASSWRD to the request
headers (assuming rapidshare can do basic HTTP auth).
If they can't do auth that way then it can get really tricky doing the
login bit.

Amos