Re: [squid-users] Serving pac file via squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:12:47 +1300

Umesh Bodalina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our pac file is currently served to clients via IIS using ftp.
> Is there any way we can serve this using our squid proxy servers?
> How would we do this?

I have done some serious testing of this in a forward-proxy. And the
answer is no. For all squid versions you need some web server to provide it.

There are workaround placing it in the squid icons and/or errors
directory and referencing it from there in the squid config.
But in my testing those approaches proved very risky for loss of the PAC
during upgrades or request looping when doing transparent interception.
I have not tested under accelerator mode.

Amos