Re: [squid-users] Squid as transparent proxy for Outlook Web Access

From: Patrick Tschackert <Killing-Time@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:00:49 +0100

Amos Jeffries wrote:

>Did you then have 'accel' on the port where you now have transparent.
>And 'originserver' on the cache_peer? That should have prevented clients
>going around the proxy as it make squid appear to be the legit data source.
>
>Perhapse this will help somewhat
> # force all traffic via OWA source peer
> never_direct deny all
> cache_peer_access 300.200.80.254 allow all

Hey, thanks a lot for your advice!
It all worked without a hitch and solved a few other problems I was having besides the http auth situation.
Great!

>Sorry, bad joke.
>"strange Microsoft design decision for reasons we outsiders don't
>understand." "God only knows at this point" etc.

Oh, tell me about it. This is a reason for many frustrations I've had (not just in this project). Unfortunately the server on which I'm supposed to install the Proxy runs Windows, company policy :(

Well, I'm very thankful for your advice anyway!
There's another thing I'd like to do with the same squid proxy, maybe you can also help on this issue (if I haven't tested your patience enough already):

Is there a way to listen on multiple ports and forward the traffic to various ports on the same originserver?
Here's another stunning example of an ASCII schematic :)

Client request (Port 80) <--> Squidserver:80 <--> 300.200.80.254:80
Client request (Port 11994) <--> Squidserver:11994 <--> 300.200.80.254:11994

Any Ideas?
Regards,
-Patrick