Re: [squid-users] Problems with Internet Explorer

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:04:25 +1300

Álvaro Martínez wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I setted up a squid installation for an Internet Cafe, a network with
> 14 machines.
> In a few machines, Internet Explorer just hangs when trying to show a
> page, it shows it completely but it hangs inmediately after that.
>
> I'm using squid 2.6, on Slackware 11.
>
> There are 2 strange things:
> 1.- it works perfectly for 10 machines
> 2.- It works perfectly for other browsers, Opera for example, on the
> same machine.
>

> Is there any similar known problem regarding IE and Squid?

There are many know problems with IE.

More details please:
   What release of squid 2.6s? ?
   Version of IE ?
   Page that fails ?
   Does it work fine on the given machine if others are not
connected/active? Or any machine if 10+ are connected?

Also, I see you have sent cache_log of problems to /dev/null.
We recommend having one always set and at least logging debug_options
ALL,0 to it so you can see any major problems occuring.

Amos