Re: [squid-users] Problems with Internet Explorer

From: Alvlin <alvlin.uy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 02:01:15 -0200

El 17 Noviembre 2007, escribió:
> There are many know problems with IE.
>
> More details please:
> What release of squid 2.6s? ?
> Version of IE ?
> Page that fails ?
> Does it work fine on the given machine if others are not
> connected/active? Or any machine if 10+ are connected?
>

> Also, I see you have sent cache_log of problems to /dev/null.
> We recommend having one always set and at least logging debug_options
> ALL,0 to it so you can see any major problems occuring.
>
> Amos

Amos, thanks for your answer.
According to Linux Packages (the site from which I downloaded the package)
this is version 2.6 STABLE 16

The machine has Windows XP SP2, so IE is 6 sp2

Every page fails, IE just shows the homepage and then fails with the first or
second page showed.

It fails on certain machines only. I tried today at the same time on two
different machines and it works perfectly on one and fails in the other. They
were only 5 machines connected at that time.

The owner of the machines (a friend) told me that this only happens on four
machines added to the network after the others. Really strange thing :(

The weirdest thing is: Before, the squid cache was set to 5 GB, but in the
server this was too much (is a Celeron running at 600 MHz with ~380MB of RAM)
and it was not responding well (it was doing too much swapping), so I reduced
the size to 1 GB. According to my friend, the problem started after this. I
don't remember if I touched something else, but I'm pretty sure I didn't...

I'll activate the logs, they were disabled just because I didn't want to
configure log rotation :P I actually enable the access_log trying to see if
there was any issue, but reading your comment makes me think that I enabled
the wrong log file :P

Again, thanks for your answer

Regards,

--
AlvLin
> Usuario Linux #355233
> http://counter.li.org
"los hombres nobles eluden un esfuerzo realizando otro
mucho mayor. Por no cortar una rosa, construyen un
palacio. Por no escuchar un reproche, ejercen la rectitud
toda la vida. Por no bajarse del caballo, conquistan el
Asia"
            -Alejandro Dolina, "Crónicas del Ángel Gris"