Re: [squid-users] load balancing traffic through squid on systems with 2 Internet connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:16:55 +0100

On tor, 2007-11-22 at 13:57 +0530, Siju George wrote:

> method as I use now then even through the outgoing address will be
> changed for 50% of the packets those same packets will be routed out
> through the default interface only :-(

There is two related components needed to make multipath routing work
properly for hosts connected to multiple ISPs

a) You need multi-path balancing support in the routing, balancing the
outgoing sessions on the available paths. The primary function of this
is to select the proper source IP.

b) You need policy routing based on source IP to route already assigned
traffic out via the correct ISP.