[squid-users] Making a Squid Start Page

From: Reid <reid_sf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:15:02 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to create a start page so that Squid will display a disclaimer when clients login.

I found the following script on a previous posting, and put it on my server:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$|=1;
my %logged_in;

while(<>) {
  if (!defined($logged_in{$_})) {
    $logged_in{$_} = 1;
    print "ERR\n";
  } else {
    print "OK\n";
  }
}

I gave it proper permissions, and then put the following in my squid.conf:

external_acl_type session negative_ttl=0 %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/my_squid_session.pl
acl session external session
http_access deny !session
deny_info http://##.##.##.##/startpage.php session

Using this configuration, the script will redirect the client the first time logging in, but not
again. Even 24 hours later and after deleting cookies, if I login again I am not redirected. I
have to restart squid in order to get another redirect to take place.

So I changed the first line to:

external_acl_type session ttl=300 negative_ttl=0 %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/my_squid_session.pl

That doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas? I am trying to avoid using the "squid_session" helper because I get all sorts of errors
when using it together with digest_authentication.

Thank you!

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs