Re: [squid-users] Authenticating with Samba for logging username in Squid access log

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:57:46 -0900

Leach, Shane - MIS Laptop wrote:
> When I added these lines, the connection was blocked. Could it be that
> the authentication is not working correctly? I have success when I
> attempt all wbinfo commands shown in the link.
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
>
> Shane

 From your reply to Henrik
(http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200711/0636.html),
it looks as though you are using a basic authentication helper to
authenticate against LDAP. Further, it looks as though you are trying
to perform this query over a non-encrypted channel, which some LDAP
servers deny by default.

Configuration examples are available for LDAP auth
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SquidAndLDAP) and NTLM
(since you have wbinfo working, start at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/WindowsAuthenticationNTLM#head-ce4db5f4eeb74d1c009e686ce23d633c87300abd).

Hope that helps...

Chris