RE: [squid-users] Authenticating with Samba for logging username in Squid access log

From: Leach, Shane - MIS Laptop <mis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:21:18 -0600

I was successful in getting LDAP to work, like so:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b
"dc=domain,dc=com" -D "cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=com" -w
"password" -f sAMAccountName=%s -h 0.0.0.0 # real IP here
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm SQUID
auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 minutes

However, this has a login required. I would like to not have this,
which I understand is not part of using NTLM. I saw the following on a
website:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

I am receiving some errors. I will investigate more, but does this look
correct. I did make the changes to http_access and acl, as requested.

Thank you for your assistance.

Shane