Re: [squid-users] Authenticating users with a webpage form

From: Taylor Jones <monitorjbl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 00:50:18 -0500

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking for a way to login, I'm
looking for a way to change the way in which squid lets users log in.
As you know, the user authenticates himself via a little pop-up box in
his browser. This is fine for most people, but like I said, I'm
slightly obsessive, and I would like to design my own webpage through
which the users log in. I could write the actual login script myself
and implement it with LDAP or MySQL or something like that, but I
can't figure out how to make squid show a login page instead of a
login box.