Re: [squid-users] Authenticating users with a webpage form

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:37:01 +0900

You misunderstand how it works.

The browser pops up that box to gather authentication credentials it
then uses for all subsequent connections to the proxy server.

Using a login page won't magically place authentication credentials
in the web browser for it to then use for subsequent connections.
The proxy has to track which IP addresses have had users log
and then pass them through.

This has security implications which noone really seems to care about...

Adrian