[squid-users] SQUID FORMAT

From: Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:31:05 -0500

 Hi,
~
 I am in charge with a computer lab for a school. Connection to the
Net is spotty (at best), because some other company if ofering it.
Bandwidth is one of the issues, but they also created to a group
account to access the Internet and that creates many other problems
~
 Now the problem is that teachers need the labs with access to some
pages online for a certain period of time and it has happened many
times that when they come to the lab they can not access the pages and
links they need to
~
 I was thinking of:
~
1) Asking teachers what pages they need to access
~
2) getting these pages (including pictures, mp3 files, probably even
youtube data feeds, etc) using a crawler/download manager, probably
from my home to a local folder
~
3) using a descriptor file or some format squid understands for all
downloaded files, and
~
4) transfer all the files to the box running squid as a transparent proxy server
~
 so that students can access the pages
~
 I think this is feasable and I think some other people haver been
conditioned to do the same. Any links or ideas you would like to share
with me?
~
 Thanks
 lbrtchx