[squid-users] Powertop and Squid

From: Paul Magid <pmagid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:49:36 -0800 (PST)

I know this is a little bit of a wierd question, but I have a small squid
install in a SOHO office. The server has been optimized for low energy
usage.

Consistently, Powertop shows squid is at the top of the list of items
generating wakeups:

Top causes for wakeups:
  25.1% (100.9) squid : schedule_timeout (process_timeout)

Is there anything I can do to mitigate these wakeups? I have already
noticed that using aufs or ufs generate about 20 more wake-ups per
second(?) than diskd.

Thanks,

Paul Magid
pmagid@magid.org