[squid-users] Intermittent group failure

From: Paul Cocker <paul.cocker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:01:32 -0000

My cache.log is peppered with

/mswin_check_lm_group.exe NetUserGetGroups() failed.'

I thought this was due to a poor response time because our AD servers
needed some more memory. However, their memory has been doubled, their
CPUs are not overly taxed and still I'm seeing this error throughout
cache.log. NTLM authentication is working (so it's not a total failure),
and only three of my four check_lm_group processes have been used... so
I'm a bit stuck. I can't see the bottleneck or likely failure point.

The config line is as follows (to check formatting)

d:/squid2616/libexec/mswin_check_lm_group.exe -D cd -G

I believe the domain shorthand is the correct format, yes?

Does the authenticator respect site boundaries, or is it possible it's
trying to travel the WAN?

Paul Cocker
IT Systems Administrator

TNT Post is the trading name for TNT Post UK Ltd (company number: 04417047), TNT Post (Doordrop Media) Ltd (00613278), TNT Post Scotland Ltd (05695897),TNT Post North Ltd (05701709) and TNT Post South West Ltd (05983401). Emma's Diary and Lifecycle are trading names for Lifecycle Marketing (Mother and Baby) Ltd (02556692). All companies are registered in England and Wales; registered address: 1 Globeside Business Park, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1HY.