[squid-users] Issues with Base 10 Decimal Bypassing Squidguard

From: <nathan.harris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:45:18 -0000 (UTC)

Hi there,

Here's an interesting one for you guys, I work P/T at a Local Authority
ISP service based upon open source code.

The kids Have recently realised that is you take

www.playboy.com

convert it to it's IP 216.163.137.3

covert it to Binary

11011000 10100011 10001001 00000011

then back into base 10 decimal

3634596099 now you enter this into your browser http://3634596099

at first I was unsure if this was an april fools

but sure enough it works and bypasses the filtering completly. Not many
sites work but I did find one or two more.

Both url blocking in squidguard & IP filtering does not effect base 10

Has anyone any idea how we can get squid to ignore Base 10 & Hex web
requests? kids will be bypassing filtering platforms up and down the UK
(or more probably have been for some time)

credit to them, clever little blighters