[squid-users] Webmail sites - allow access

From: Davan Wong <davan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:06:18 -0700

Hi Group,

I am using squid to block pretty much all web access other than work-related
sites. However, I need to open up some of the popular webmail sites.

I was able to get hotmail work properly with the following ACL. But I am
having problems with gmail.com and mail.yahoo.

acl WebmailSites dstdomain
.ard.yahoo.com
.login.yahoo.com
.mail.yahoo.com
.gmail.com
.mail.google.com
.google.com/accounts
.google.ca/accounts
.hotmail.com
.live.com
.passport.com

For the gmail site, it won't seem to take the two /accounts entries at all.

The yahoo site partially works, but I get 'unable to load javascript'
errors.

Has anyone got these to work? Care to share your ACL's with me?

Thanks in advance!

Davan Wong