Re: [squid-users] Webmail sites - allow access

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:48:15 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi Group,
>
> I am using squid to block pretty much all web access other than
> work-related
> sites. However, I need to open up some of the popular webmail sites.

Um, can you see the self-contradiction in that? popular webmail sites are
naturally non-work. If you operate via email you should have company
servers to handle that.

> I was able to get hotmail work properly with the following ACL. But I am
> having problems with gmail.com and mail.yahoo.
>
> acl WebmailSites dstdomain
> .ard.yahoo.com
> .login.yahoo.com
> .mail.yahoo.com
> .gmail.com
> .mail.google.com
> .google.com/accounts
> .google.ca/accounts

These are NOT dstdomain.
dstdoman is quite naturally ONLY a _domain_ .
The /acounts is an URI.

> .hotmail.com
> .live.com
> .passport.com
>
> For the gmail site, it won't seem to take the two /accounts entries at
> all.
>
> The yahoo site partially works, but I get 'unable to load javascript'
> errors.

Which would be natural if the javascript sub-includes are located elsewhere.

> Has anyone got these to work? Care to share your ACL's with me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Davan Wong

Amos