RE: [squid-users] Webmail sites - allow access

From: Davan Wong <davan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:41:36 -0700

>> Hi Group,
>>
>> I am using squid to block pretty much all web access other than
>> work-related sites. However, I need to open up some of the popular
>> webmail sites.

>Um, can you see the self-contradiction in that? popular webmail sites are
naturally non-work. If you operate via >email you should have company
servers to handle that.

Well, we don't. And that is a whole other can of worms that doesn't need to
be opened on this forum.

>> I was able to get hotmail work properly with the following ACL. But I
>> am having problems with gmail.com and mail.yahoo.
>>
>> acl WebmailSites dstdomain
>> .ard.yahoo.com
>> .login.yahoo.com
>> .mail.yahoo.com
>> .gmail.com
>> .mail.google.com
>> .google.com/accounts
>> .google.ca/accounts

>These are NOT dstdomain.
>dstdoman is quite naturally ONLY a _domain_ .
>The /acounts is an URI.

Thank-you. I'll experiment with that.

>> .hotmail.com
>> .live.com
>> .passport.com
>>
>> For the gmail site, it won't seem to take the two /accounts entries at
>> all.
>>
>> The yahoo site partially works, but I get 'unable to load javascript'
>> errors.

>Which would be natural if the javascript sub-includes are located
elsewhere.

So my best bet is to scan all http headers when logging in, reading mail,
and logging out? And then include any and all unique domains and subdomains
in the acl?