Re: [squid-users] Adjusting Parent Cache weight based on acl

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:54:30 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi Amos,
>
> Thanks for the reply, so it seems that squid already does what I need
> (in a way). Would you mind expanding on the data accounting comment, All
> I could find on google was "ip accounting" in squid. Like I said, the
> servers arn't ready yet so I can't test what I need to, but so far it's
> looking good :)

It's a bit messy, hooking into the ICMP stats in places. But each time
squid receives an HTCP or ICP reply it counts as one ping. It looks to me
like it was intended for the up/down peer detection, but it has the
side-effect of falling nicely into the rtt calculation as a super-fast
ping, which then falls over to ever so slightly reduce the weight
calculation for that peer.

Amos