[squid-users] Squid Cache and Load Balancing...

From: Andy McCall <Andy.McCall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:04:22 -0000

Hi Folks,

I am looking at setting up two Linux-based caching servers for two
WebMarshal servers for around 120 schools. The WebMarshal servers
perform all the content checking and Squid will do all the caching.

The two WebMarshal servers are using Windows load balancing so I would
like to have a similar configuration for the Squid servers. I
understand I can share the cache's between the two Squid servers and I
have read around Pen, L7SW, LVS and keepalived but its not clear to me
which bits I need to do what in the setup.

Please can someone give me some pointers as to what I would need to get
load balanced / HA Squid cache servers without buying a dedicated piece
of load balancing hardware.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Andy McCall
is unauthorised. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately
by replying to this e-mail and then delete it from your system.

This note confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses, however we advise that in keeping with good IT practice the
recipient should ensure that the e-mail together with any attachments are virus
free by running a virus scan themselves. We cannot accept any responsibility for
any damage or loss caused by software viruses.

The Unity Partnership Ltd, registered in England at West Hall, Parvis Road, West Byfleet, Surrey UK KT14 6EZ.
Registered No : 5916336. VAT No : 903761336.