Re: [squid-users] Move Media Player

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:52:32 +1300 (NZDT)

> Is it possible to get this plugin video player to work over squid? If
> so, how?
>
> http://movenetworks.com/support/renderer.html
>
> Requires IE. We have squid/2.6.STABLE13
>
> Thanks

Should be. It seems to just be using www to download a streamed file.
Cache-friendly headers etc.

Unfortunately for everyone the file is
containing binary control codes such as NULL, and BK, DEL.

So you are limited to testing it by URI extension of the media file and
hoping that nobody ever provides one dynamically.

Or if you have time you could complain loudly at them for not using a
proper streaming mime type on the data stream.

Amos