[squid-users] Setting up squid as an accel proxy

From: Martin Jacobson \(Jake\) <jake.jacobson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:15:49 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

I don't understand why I am having so much trouble getting something that seems to be so simple working. I have downloaded and installed squid-2.6.STABLE16 on my Linux box. I want to proxy my search engine's search page so I don't want squid caching the pages. I just want squid to act as a reverse proxy. After reading "Squid The Definitive Guide" and lots of posts on the web, I still can't get it to work. It would seem that the following basic config file should do the trick. This is based on http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=linproxy1.mysite.com
cache_peer searchengine.mysite.com parent 80 0 no-query originserver
http_access allow all

I can get squid to run with no errors, but it doesn't reverse proxy the search engine's search page. With my browser I can go directly to the search engine with no problems, but I get a "Connection has timed out" error when I try to go through linproxy1.

Jake Jacobson