Re: [squid-users] Setting up squid as an accel proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:26:01 +1300 (NZDT)

> Amos,
>
> I am taking a step or two back and try to explain what I want to do with
> Squid. I know this can be done because I am doing it with Squid version
> 2.2. I really want to upgrade to 2.6 but my configuration is just not
> working.
>
> I need to take my public URL which is a Linux server running squid. Squid
> is listening on port 80 for all in bound request and when it gets one it
> proxies the request to my back-end server which is a search engine. I
> don't want squid to do any caching of content, I just want it to proxy all
> web requests coming to www.jakesite.com.
>
> So in the above example, my public URL www.jakesite.com.
> My search engine's URL is search.jakesite.com:8000/
>
> When someone comes to www.jakesite.com with their browser, they should be
> presented the HTML search engine's page which is not on www.jakesite.com
> but is coming from search.jakesite.com:8000/
>
> I hope that this makes more sense. Again, thanks for your help.

It make sense and yes I understood that was what you want.
To do it you need a redirector which re-writes the URL

  http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.jakesite.com

with a url_rewriter_program and location_rewriter_program

for their config settings see "OPTIONS FOR URL REWRITING" in
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/cfgman/

Once that is done the URL are changed to squid retrieves the pages from
search.jakesite.com:8000 as any normal web request.

Amos