[squid-users] Implementing Squid in our current setup

From: jgrumbles <jim.grumbles@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 06:40:48 -0800 (PST)

We currently have roughly 50 MPLS sites using one central site for internet
access. Unfortunately the bandwidth upgrade is going to take several months
so I'm being asked for some kind of band-aid solution.

Here is what the core network setup looks like at the site where the
internet is:

AT&T owned Internet router

Cisco ASA5520 (Gi 0/0 vlan 100 - 12.109.xxx.xxx /// Gi 0/1 vlan 102 -
192.168.1.23 )

Cisco Catalyst 6513 (Gi 9/40 vlan 100 /// Gi 9/36 vlan 102 )

What is the most painless way to implement Squid in this scenario? In case
my picture doesn't make sense:

Gi 0/0 on the ASA goes to Gi 9/40 on the 6513. Gi 0/1 on the ASA goes to Gi
9/36 on the 6513.

On thing that might be important is that we don't have access to the AT&T
router so re-configuring IPs is out of the question. My primary goal is to
just drop this in without having to alter the IPs on the ASA or any other
device really. Also, I want it to be totally transparent so we don't have
to configure web browsers. Here is what I imagine it would look like:

AT&T owned Internet router

Squid box

Cisco ASA5520

Cisco Catalyst 6513

Could it be this simple? What would the IPs be on the two NICs in the Squid
box? My other concerns revolve around Cisco VPN client access and Outlook
Web Access.

Thanks for any help.