Re: [squid-users] Implementing Squid in our current setup

From: Andrew Miehs <andrew@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:01:11 +0100

Hi Jim,

Are you REALLY sure you want to do 'transparent' caching

- It can be pretty scary as far as breaking http is concerned, and
you ending up with a whole lot more work as some sites don't work
properly.

Your users are most probably using Windows, in which case, set a group
policy and force them to use the proxy - and then block port 80 and 443
on the ASA.

If you do really want to do this - after my warning - here might be a
good
spot to start reading...

http://www.sublime.com.au/squid-wccp/

IIRC - The Squid should probably hang on the same network as Gi 0/1 on
the ASA...

ie:

Internet

ASA