Re: [squid-users] wccp transparent proxy; returned spoofed packets are dropped!

From: Tony Dodd <tony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:45:03 +0000

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Didn't someone point out a few weeks ago that Cisco only support wccp redirection on
> the same interface as clients?
>
> the ASA is probably (quite rightly, its a firewall!) dropping the packets coming in
> from the DMZ as they're spoofed from another interface it knows about.
>
> You may be short of luck; you may have to put the proxy on INSIDE. See if that works.
> I'd offer better advice but I don't have an ASA to actually do testing on..

Actually, it depends on the firewall configuration mode... if it's in
transparent mode, you're s.o.l, as the max number of interfaces == 3
(including the management interface). If it's in routed mode, you stand
a better chance, and can enable communication between the interfaces.
The logging buffer will reveal all though.

--
Tony Dodd, Systems Administrator
Last.fm | http://www.last.fm