[squid-users] How to create an accept terms of use page

From: Craig <reswob10@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:03:08 -0500

Hi, I'm wondering if I can use squid to emulate the setup many hotels/wifi
hotspots have where a user must go through an acceptance page before their
computer is allowed to access the Internet. That acceptance page can either
be a simple 'yes' button or the user must fill in a code of some sort.

I've been searching the web for several hours and I have only found one
reference to such a configuration; a brief exchange on this list in 2000
where the person asked if it could be done and someone else said it was not
possible.

Since that was seven years ago, I was wondering if a solution had been found
either using squid only or squid as part of a larger system of devices. Is
there a link to somewhere I've missed? I didn't see anything from a quick
scan of the documentation either....

We're having issues with a remote site doing things they shouldn't....

Thanks.

Craig L. Bowser
Information Assurance Manager