Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy issue >> redirection (URL changes)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:56:31 +0100

On fre, 2007-12-28 at 18:04 +0200, Tomer Shoval wrote:

> I've noticed that there are some things you can't do even if you get
> that version, for instance using https acceleration where the origin
> server is on a different port than squid is listening on

Sure you can.

frontend and backend connection management is isolated.

BUT the backend server needs to play nice and be aware of the URL used
by the clients for it to send proper redirects. If not you will see
users sometimes being bounced to the address the backend server thinks
is the right URL. When there is a 1-1 mapping this gets a lot easier as
usually the backend server then do not realize there is a frontend other
than by the source IP...

REgards
Henrik