Re: [squid-users] cache_peer maximum limit quesion

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:48:02 +0545

Dear All,

Happy New Year 2008 to everyone on the Squid mailing list.

May the new year 2008 bring more happiness, success and prosperity to
your lives.

Mr Crack wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2007 7:33 AM, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
>> On sön, 2007-12-30 at 23:41 +0700, Mr Crack wrote:
>>
>>> So, I put all proxy server list in squid.conf with cache_peer
>>> But squid only find 3 parents and leave other parent without query.
>>> I wanna know, how to fix this. I want squid to detect all proxy in list
>> How did you add them? I.e. what do your cache_peer line look like?
>>
>> is ICP used, or only HTTP? (actually answered by the above..)
> I dont know whether I use ICP or not but my configuration is show bewlo
>
> cache_peer x.x.x.1 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.2 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.3 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.4 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.5 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.6 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.7 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.8 8080 3130 no-query
>
> And how to view my ISP proxy use ICP or nor...

I am sure that your ISP uses ICP and cache-digests too.

Check with tcpdump on port 3130 for 2 way traffic between your proxy and
your ISP proxies. But I doubt that they will allow clients to query
their proxy caches with ICP queries. But I am not sure.

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,