Re: [squid-users] cache_peer maximum limit quesion

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:08:56 +0100

On tis, 2008-01-01 at 11:42 +0630, Mr Crack wrote:

> > is ICP used, or only HTTP? (actually answered by the above..)
> I dont know whether I use ICP or not but my configuration is show bewlo
>
> cache_peer x.x.x.1 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.2 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.3 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.4 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.5 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.6 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.7 8080 3130 no-query
> cache_peer x.x.x.8 8080 3130 no-query

no-query disables ICP.

In the above configuration Squid will prefer the first cache_peer, and
only if that didn't work out it will fall back on the next..

If you want Squid to distribute the request load over all of them then
use the round-robin or carp flags, but beware of web sites breaking due
to IP dependencies in most sessions..