Re: [squid-users] How to fix skype sound problem over squid ?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 22:16:41 +0100

On 04.01.08 16:13, Cihad BOYNUKALIN wrote:
> Subject: [squid-users] How to fix skype sound problem over squid ?
> To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
>
> While I am tring to make a skype conversation through a squid installed
> server, the sound cuts many time and the voice reaches with a lateness all
> the time. When I try thesame action through a direct internet connection
> over a modem without a squid installed server, the sound comes great.

I thing you should be warned that this is misuse of proxy features and not
guaranteed to work.

> On the other hand I am completely not able to connect a conversation under
> the LIVE tab. Its always gives the error "Call failed". (Through squid
> again) In addition to this when I would like to make a skype call it takes
> too much time to start ringing.

check squid's cache log what is says. Did you configure skype to use proxy,
didn't you?

> And my iptables settings are as below:

that has nothing to do with iptables, unless you are trying to intercept
protocols other than HTTP, which usually won't work with proxy.

"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler