[squid-users] squid banner zapping and antivirus filtering

From: Dave <dmehler26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 19:31:15 -0500

Hello,
    I'm setting up a box for a friend, a FreeBSD machine that does firewall
and nat for his local lan. I've added squid as a transparent proxy so i can
also add in adzapping and antivirus and later if the situation calls for it
content filtering with dansguardian.
    I'm using squid 2.6.17 i believe the version is and this time it's not
working. I'm wondering if one of my squid parameters is wrong, should a
redirector be called with redirect_program or url_rewrite_program? I'm using
adzap's zapchain as the squid redirector and running suqidguard,
bannerfilter chained off of it, i tried to run squidclam for av but that
program kept core dumping. For such a setup would raising the number of
redirector processes from 5 to 10 be advisable? I don't want to go out of
memory with this setup. If anyone is doing this with other programs i'd like
to hear experiences as well.
Thanks.
Dave.