Re: [squid-users] squid banner zapping and antivirus filtering

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:07:42 +0545

Hi Dave,

Dave wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm setting up a box for a friend, a FreeBSD machine that does
> firewall and nat for his local lan. I've added squid as a transparent
> proxy so i can also add in adzapping and antivirus and later if the
> situation calls for it content filtering with dansguardian.
> I'm using squid 2.6.17 i believe the version is and this time it's
> not working.

Squid-2.6.17 will work. It's your configuration which seems to be not
working.

  I'm wondering if one of my squid parameters is wrong,
> should a redirector be called with redirect_program or
> url_rewrite_program?

Can you post your relevant parts of your squid.conf?

I'm using adzap's zapchain as the squid redirector
> and running suqidguard, bannerfilter chained off of it, i tried to run
> squidclam for av but that program kept core dumping. For such a setup
> would raising the number of redirector processes from 5 to 10 be
> advisable? I don't want to go out of memory with this setup. If anyone
> is doing this with other programs i'd like to hear experiences as well.
> Thanks.

What's your hardware setup?

Probably the best setup will be:

Client --> Dansguardian --> Squid