Re: [squid-users] dansguardian, squid, shorewall

From: Richard Pyne <rpyne@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:08:05 -0700

On 7 Jan 2008 at 23:43, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Have you configured the http_port with 'transparent' ?
> >

> I think the problem here is that its *dansguardian* being redirected to
> not squid. The transparent features of squid will not work when there is
> no redirection, ie between dansguardian and squid.

After many hours of searching and reading, it looks like the real problem
is that squid v3 does not support:

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

which everything I can find on this problem says are necessary for
DansGuardian + squid configuration.

I have not been able to find anything to indicate what configuration
directives in squid 3 replace this functionality or if such even exists.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

--Richard