[squid-users] Invalid URL when using transparent proxy

From: l3d <l3d.l3d@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:11:43 -0600

Hey guys, I have searched the archives and interwebs and haven't
found any answers yet.

OS: OpenBSD4.2
Squid: 3.0.Stable1
--enable-pf-transparent (and others)

  squid.conf has the line http_port 3128 transparent.

I am using a second openbsd box and pf to redirect 80 to this squid
box(to port 3128).

When I try to surf "transparent" I get an odd "invalid URL' error and
it seems like squid(or something) is cutting off the domain so squid
is trying to GET an "/" or "/fwlink/?LinkID=xxxx".... no domain.

If I use browser settings squid works great.

If you have ANY suggestions please help..... I found this

http://www.freebsdguy.co.uk/2007/07/23/squid-30-p6-20070623/

He has similar error but on a FreeBSD box, so he needed to add the
--enable ipfw transparent even though he was using pf....

Thanks in advance for any help!

kind regards

-led