[squid-users] Opinions on Setup...

From: Andy McCall <Andy.McCall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:20:38 -0000

Hi Folks,

A few weeks ago I posted a message on this list about setting up two squid-caching-only servers for two WebMarshal content-checking-only servers for around 120 school. I was pointed in the general direction by Amos and I have finally come to a configuration that may work and was hoping for some input.

The squid servers will be on the same network, and running RedHat Linux Enterprise 5. I was then going to configure two CARP interfaces on them, e.g. 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. A single DNS entry for squid-proxy.domain.gov.uk will point to 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 and the squid cache's will be set up as cache_peer's of each other.

Can anyone think of any issues I will have with this set up, or can anyone think of anything else that will help my setup?

Thanks,

Andy McCall
Senior Technical Officer

--
ICT & Printing, The Unity Partnership...
...working with Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council
Civic Centre
West Street
Oldham
OL1 1UU