Re: [squid-users] Opinions on Setup...

From: Beavis <pfunix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:42:53 -0600

Andy,

   you're setup looks plausible, i have little experience with carp (i
use them for firewalls and the fw' sessions get sync pretty well on
both machines) my only question would how will carp be able to tell
the sessions initiated/managed by squid? all of them will come in
through port 3128 right? and carp will just sync that on the other
box. once the query is processed it's being handled entirely by squid,
But I might be wrong as well.

anyways, I would recommend to just do DNS round-robin on both squid boxes.

my .2cents
-beavis