[squid-users] Cache and Vary: Accept-Encoding header

From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 01:41:20 +0100

Hi all,

I'm currently debugging a problem and digging into the Squid cache. I
noticed that even with 2.6, "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate" used by
IE and "Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate" used by Firefox are considered
2 different values and so pages are cached twice when using a Vary:
Accept-Encoding header.
I may have misunderstood something but I had in mind this problem was
at least partially fixed in 2.6 (mostly from this email of Henrik I
read a long time ago:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200608/0249.html
).

I use squid-2.6.STABLE6-4.el5 (the RHEL5 package maintained by RH). I
checked the ChangeLog from 2.6-stable6 to stable17 and I didn't find
anything relevant about this behaviour.

Any hint on how to avoid this problem?

Thanks.

--