Re: [squid-users] Cache and Vary: Accept-Encoding header

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:02:32 +0900

Its a known shortcoming with Vary header processing.

I've brainstormed with the Wikipedia admins and they've got a hack they
use somewhere to work around it, but its too "specific" to include into
Squid in that state.

It gets worse than that. What about:

Accept-Encoding: gzip, x-gzip, deflate, x-deflate

versus

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

Its pretty horrible, isn't it? :)

I'd love to fix it but I'm too busy trying to get this support company sorted
out and nut out contracts so I can work on projects like this. :)

Adrian