Re: [squid-users] Cache and Vary: Accept-Encoding header

From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:49:29 +0100

On Jan 10, 2008 3:02 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
> I've brainstormed with the Wikipedia admins and they've got a hack they
> use somewhere to work around it, but its too "specific" to include into
> Squid in that state.

Any patch I could take a look at? I'm not againt running a patched
Squid if needed.

> Its pretty horrible, isn't it? :)

Yeah, I know about the problem for a long time but I thought, based on
Henrik's email, it was partially solved in 2.6 (at least the fact that
the header was considered a list and not a string which could solve
95% of the problem we have here). That's why I waited for 2.6 before
enabling compression.

I found this patch referenced on Google:
http://p.defau.lt/?C9GXHJ14GWHAYK1Pf0x9cw
I don't know where it comes from, the paste site is the only reference I have.

It's kinda hacky but could more or less work for us, I suppose (just
the first part of the patch, the second part with the #if 0 seems
weird and unrelated to this problem).

--
Guillaume