Re: [squid-users] Page not Displayed through Squid proxy 2.6 Stable 9.0

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:53:49 +0545

Hi PRShahu,

I think there's some firewall or routing issue between your Squid boxes
and and the remote web servers.

Try running tcpdump and make sure that you see a 2-way traffic between
your Squid box and the remote web server.

Squid is hardly to be blamed for this type of issues. The usual suspect
is routing or firewall in most cases.

Thanking you...

PRShahu@wockhardtin.com wrote:
> Hi Al
> I am facing strange problem with squid proxy version 2.6 STABLE 9 running
> on Red HAT Linux AS 4.0 Update 5.0. Some of site are not getting displayed
> (e.g. www.sciencedirect.com) even after long time of wait and no error
> message is displayed on the browser. We have checked on FIREWALL and
> cache.log nothing is found ther
> We have two proxy both are running Squid 2.6 STABLE 9. one is runing RED
> HAT LINUX AS 4.0 update 5 while other is running RED HAT LINUX AS 3.0
> update 3 (both are using same squid.conf file). We are able see pages when
> we are using proxy hosted on RHEL 3.0 update 3 but we do not get any
> response when we are using proxy hosted on RHEL 4.0 U 5 for the same web
> site .. Log in access.log shows proxy had received the request from the
> client ..
> Your help in regard is highly apperciative .
> Thanks and Regards
>

> Please Visit our New Corporate Web Site www.wockhardt.com
> --------------------- Disclaimer ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wockhardt Ltd. and/ or its Group Companies
> and/or,its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
> and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
> If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
> authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly
> prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,
Tek Bahadur Limbu
System Administrator