[squid-users] Squid http1.1 vs http1.0 (probably again)

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:55:04 -0800

So I've discovered that much of my connection stacking is due to Squid
responding as 1.0 for everything, this has also caused some issues in
my app.

So before I abandon squid, since we must use gzip encoding and various
other 1.1 specific features, I'm wondering if there is a way to
capture and pass on the clients http version thru to my backend
server..

Since Squid is responding to the backend, regardless of the client
query as 1.0, our servers can't do many of the nice 1.1 features that
we would like to..

So is there a way to capture and have squid rewrite the request so
that my server knows the client made the request using http 1.1, so
that it can respond in kind, regardless of how $#%$ squid is
responding as 1.0 (sorry new issue that wasn't uncovered until today
and it really sucks)..

I've looked all over and the 1.1 vs 1.0 appears to be a decent battle
inside the Squid developers "Or maybe all my reading is based on early
conflicts and this has been resolved in a later version that i'm not
running?!"

Thanks

Tory