Re: [squid-users] bypass squid cache

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:06:10 +1300

simon benedict wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> i have been using squid on Red hat linux for a long
> time and its workin perfectly fine
>
> recently we changed our ISP and we found that our
> users on private IP's were not able to sign in with
> YAHOO MESSANGER OR WINDOWS MESSANGER.
>
> when contacted the ISP it was told that we have to
> bypass the squid cache and probably it may work

Unless you recently added the proxy it should be working exactly as it
was before the ISP change.

Do you have any more details on this that might give us a better idea of
your situation and problem?
Which version of squid?
Are your users configured to explicitly use the proxy?
... or transparently intercepted?
Are you sure the IM are even using the proxy? most actually don't
without going to some trouble to make them.

Thanks

> i tried googling but was not very sucessful..
>
> apprecite if anyone can advise n let me know if i
> could bypass squid cache for YAHOO MESSANGER and
> WINDOWS MESSNAGER for my private ip users
>
> but all the browsing works perfect
>
> Really appreciate your help
>

> regards
>
> simon

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+