Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy Cache - implementing gzip

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:26:35 +0900

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008, Tory M Blue wrote:

> version to your origin servers, they are going to respond in kind and
> thus the origin is not going to gzip the content (if squid preserved
> the 1.0 vs 1.1 version, the origin server could do what it wanted.
> But believe that is the RFC compliance that squid seems to be hard
> pressed to conform with.
>
> How much would it cost to get Squid to preserve the http version so
> that our servers could provide gzip functionality?

The real question is "how to make Squid support HTTP/1.1 ?" Preserving
the version isn't the actual solution; Squid needs to support HTTP/1.1 .

I'm putting forward a more formal Squid-2 roadmap for the next twelve
months for anyone who is interested. HTTP/1.1 support is high up
there to happen inside that twelve month timeframe. Email me if you're
interested.

Adrian