Re: [squid-users] squid 2.7 vs 3.x

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:44:31 +0100

sön 2008-01-13 klockan 20:03 +0900 skrev Adrian Chadd:

> I'm not aware that the Squid volunteers have ever given a lifetime
> for a Squid release. I think, given that its all volunteer work,
> that what we've been supporting is pretty good. :)

Generally maintenance of one release stops when there is a successor
STABLE release. I.e. mainenance of 2.5 stopped when 2.6 was released,
and maintenance of 2.6 is likely to more or less stop when 2.7 is
released. But as you said it depends a bit on who's paying for what.

> Fixes will be backported as appropriate but feature backporting will be done
> as time permits. Squid-2.7 is a bit of a leap from Squid-2.6 but its only
> a small leap; its not anywhere near a big a leap as Squid-3 is.

Yes. Bugfixes gets migrated in all directions when seen fit.