Re: [squid-users] mime-type based delay pools

From: Amitava Bhattacharyya <amitava.bhattacharyya@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:55:08 +0530

I followed this discussion: "[squid-users] Re: Re: Cache Streaming
Video?" (http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200701/0154.html).
Seems that making the maximum_object_size higher has an effect, so I
have set it to 50 MB. Calamaris says youtube.com is getting a hit of
40%.
But the problem is not just youtube. People do download 100 MB+ files.
I want to test whether separating text/* mimetypes from the others and
putting the other mimetypes on a separate, bandwidth limited stream
would help.