Re: [squid-users] Unable to increase filedescriptor limit -- tried all things

From: Gonzalo Arana <gonzalo.arana@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:17:19 -0200

I would recommend you to run ./configure with
--with-maxfd=you_desired_limit and --enable-epoll

Watch for messages like this in configure output:
checking if epoll works... yes
Using epoll for the IO loop.
Maximum filedescriptors set to 131072

Having large number of FDs with select is dangerous. Also, I recall
there was an issue on increasing FD_SETSIZE on glibc (Linux uses
glibc).

HTH,

--
Gonzalo A. Arana