[squid-users] client_http.hit_median_svc_time: what's the definition, again ?

From: john allspaw <jallspaw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 07:40:00 -0800 (PST)

Hello smart and nice folks:

We have some reverse-proxy caches on the west coast that get hit quite a bit from across the Pacific, and we
see cache hit times much higher there than in our other datacenters. I *think* it's because client_http.hit_median_svc_time
might also include transfer time to client ? So to confirm:

1. first byte of request into squid
2. last byte of request into squid
3. squid looks to see if ACLs are ok with servicing the request, probably some DNS going on here
4. (squid finds that it's a HIT of some kind)
5. first byte of response to client
6. last byte of response to client

does "client_http.hit_median_svc_time" mean the time from #2 thru #6 ?
If it does, then these 'hit' times make sense. if it doesn't, well then I'm confuzzed. :)

thanks guys,
John Allspaw

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs